TORNADO RELIEF: Rebuilding Our Community
As a result of the tornadoes and related storms, many local school communities sustained extensive damage, with several United to Learn partner campuses closed and families displaced from their homes. From water and roof damage to power outages, gas leaks and tree destruction, the extent of the devastation varied by school community.
We will continue to work with our local schools to address their greatest needs and provide:
- Household needs for families who have been displaced
- Teacher wellness support for helping students impacted by the trauma of the devastation
- Campus improvements to outdoor landscaping and play areas
- Classroom resources according to teacher wish-lists
- Technology equipment to help relaunch digital literacy programs
Join us by contributing to United to Learn’s Tornado Relief Fund. All funds will be deployed to fulfill the emergency needs of our partner schools and their families. As we learn of additional ways to help, we will keep you posted.
The unfortunate aftermath of John J. Pershing Elementary School