Community Campus Day
On Saturday, March 23, 2019, United to Learn will coordinate campus improvement projects on 24 Dallas ISD elementary school campuses in the North Dallas area. All projects are intended to provide the resources, supplies and improvements that are not provided for in the Dallas ISD budget.
Each project will be aligned with United to Learn’s focus programming areas:
- Supporting positive social emotional health for students and teachers
- Promoting literacy and a love of reading
- Building a more aspirational and welcoming campus environment
Each campus will be given a budget of $5,000 to purchase instructional tools, classroom or campus resources, project supplies, etc. In addition, teams of 15-30 volunteers will be assigned to each campus to execute projects or tasks identified by school leadership. Examples of potential volunteer activities include:
- Paint/stain outdoor tables and seating
- Label and organize books in library
- Paint mural on walls or stairwell
- Create cozy reading nooks throughout campus using murals, bean bag chairs, accessories
- Hang college banners through school campus
Children may participate in select activities, with prior approval and parent supervision.
United to Learn Community Campus Day Application for United to Learn supported public elementary schools. Click here to access the Community Campus Day overview, click here to access the sponsorship form.
Questions? Contact Meredith Ajello, event coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.