Community Campus Day
Out of an abundance of caution due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, United to Learn’s Community Campus Day initially scheduled for Saturday, March 28, has been postponed until fall 2020.
Volunteers: We will notify you as soon as a new date is chosen and you will be able to update your availability at that time via our website.
We remain firmly committed to completing every project on behalf of our 27 supported Dallas ISD partner elementary schools and sponsors.
This fall 2020, we hope you will join your community in creating aspirational spaces in your neighborhood elementary schools through our Community Campus Day! On this day, 450+ community volunteers will transform campus cultures across 27 elementary schools within the Northwest Cluster of Dallas ISD.
CAMPUS ENHANCEMENT PROJECTS
All projects are intended to provide the resources, supplies and improvements that are not provided for in the Dallas ISD budget. Each campus will be given a budget of $5,000 to purchase instructional tools, classroom or campus resources, project supplies, etc. Examples of potential volunteer activities include:
- Paint inspirational hallway murals
- Construct outdoor learning spaces
- Create calming and meditative centers in classrooms
- Modernize teacher and co-working lounges
- Transform blacktops and playgrounds
- Kick-off rally (location TBD) begins promptly at 8:30 a.m.
- Campus projects will take place 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- All necessary supplies will be provided
- Opportunities for up to 30 volunteers per campus
- Family members are welcome
- Lunch will be provided
- In the event of inclement weather, the rally will be moved indoors. Volunteers will be notified regarding their campus-specific project.
Please contact our Director of Campus Environment, Kaitlin Prieur, at email@example.com to learn more or to contribute by check.